Chicken is one of the most diverse ingredients when it comes to cooking. There’s not much that doesn’t work well with it! It’s tasty, healthy and inexpensive, especially when you purchase it in bulk or from behind the deli counter.
Parmesan crusted chicken is one of my favorite meals and peaked my interest when I saw a commercial for Hellmann’s Mayonnaise on television a few years ago. Once I tried it, I was hooked. As you may know from reading my other food posts, I’m obsessed with recipes needing only a few ingredients, and this one only uses four — two of which I always have on hand, Hellmann’s and grated Parmesan cheese.
I know at times white meat can come out dry when baked, however, this chicken will come out moist every time and full of flavor. This recipe is great for feeding one person or feeding multiple people. It’s extremely quick to prepare and bake, which is great when you don’t want to spend a lot of time slaving away over a stove.
And speaking of recipes, Hellmann’s features a variety of other recipes for main dishes, appetizers, sides and even desserts!
The recipe also can be found here, but I’ve added a few of my own tweaks below.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves or one package of chicken breast tenders
- 1/4 (I use 1/2) cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 (I use 1/3) cup Hellmann’s Mayonaise
- 4 tbl (I just use what looks good) Italian seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Cover cookie sheet with aluminum foil (I hate washing cookie sheets, so this helps a ton)
- Spread thin layer of bread crumbs to cover foil
- Combine Hellmann’s with Parmesan cheese and spread evenly over chicken
- Top chicken with additional thin layer of bread crumbs
- Bake until chicken is thoroughly cooked — about 20 minutes for breast halves and 15 minutes for tenders