When discussing the subject of frozen yogurt, I bet most of you immediately think of pumping your own amount of ice cream in large bowls filled with toppings of your choice purchased by the ounce. Think again!
I grew up with this frozen yogurt pie, as it was a healthy, less sugar-packed option my parents felt better about serving during summer break. Sometimes, when there wasn’t a pie crust on hand, my mom would scoop the mixture into plastic freeze pop molds we could eat outside. It’s a great option for kids.
My favorite part about this recipe is there are only three ingredients, and you even can cut it down to two if you’d like. Not only that, it’s versatile. You can make this pie with any flavor of yogurt you’d like or whatever type of crust you enjoy, you can add fruit or fruit topping, drizzle the pie with chocolate syrup, and more.
Here’s the simple guidelines to follow to create your own frozen yogurt pie:
- 3-4 containers (6 oz.) of yogurt of your choice
- 1 tub (8 oz.) of Cool Whip
- 1 pre-made pie crust of your choice (or make your own)
- Transfer yogurt and Cool Whip into large mixing bowl
- Gently fold the ingredients until well mixed
- Transfer the mixture into the pie crust (I love the pre-made Oreo crust!)
- Lick the spoon or spatula clean (yum!)
- Cover pie with plastic lid and place in the freezer for a minimum of 5 hours
- Serve and add toppings if desired; freeze leftovers
So, still deciding on what to bring to your final summer cookout of the year? Before the heat of the season leaves us until next year (unless you’re lucky enough to live somewhere warm year-round), try this pie. It’s incredibly quick and easy to make, inexpensive and a great option for those who are watching their waistlines. Enjoy!
Want more from Expected Miracles? Follow me on Twitter @ExpMiracleBlog